PEDKA has designed its quality system following the policy of the quality management system and ISO9001:2008 standards. This manual includes the following items and information which in the following sections a thorough description regarding each of them is given.
- List and Guide
- Title, purpose, and scope of application of the quality manual
- Introduction to PEDKA Company, regulations and implementation of requirements in the company
- Quality policy
- Communication and interaction between organization processes, process manual, monitoring and measurement indicators
- Description of ISO9001:2008 standard and referring to all the executive procedures and related documents
The purpose of developing a PEDKA quality manual
The main purpose of the forming a quality manual by PEDKA Company is to develop a main reference for the required documentation to prepare a thorough reference to use and establish a quality management system covering all the categories related to this system.
As it was mentioned before, the quality management system in PEDKA complies with the requirements of ISO9001:2008 standard. The objectives of this systems are as follows:
- Establishing a relationship between the organization’s macro policies and objectives, executive procedures, guidelines, and requirements of the ISO9001:2008 standard
- Describing an effective and efficient quality management system
- Creating documents to evaluate the quality management system
- Maintaining integration in the organization’s quality management system and the needs to alter it in the face of necessary changes
- Creating integrity in the quality management system as well as complying with the requirements of ISO9001:2008 standard to continuously improve the quality management system and ensuring compliance with customer demands to enhance their satisfaction.
How to implement reforms in the PEDKA quality manual
Any essential and proposed amendments in the PEDKA quality manual have been approved by the management representative and CEO. Therefore, in the case, an executive method or a guideline in the quality manual is to be changed, it will be included in the manual since it is closely related to standards. All the changes are based on the executive method of documentation control i.e. PR01 which results in the publication of the new quality manual. Accordingly, each version of the quality manual has its revision number and a summary of the changes made, in the revision page, this revision must include a “Controlled” sign.
Scope of application of PEDKA quality manual
The quality manual is an ongoing and established quality system in PEDKA Company (Pooladin Dezh Kaveh). This manual is formed and generated based on the design and construction of steel and industrial structures following ISO9001:2008 Standard. All the other paragraphs mentioned in ISO9001:2008 are applied in the manual except paragraphs 3-7.
Interaction between the organization’s processes based on PEDKA Quality manual
To determine the type of communication and interaction between different processes in the organization and to create a structured and approachable process, process identification and interaction diagrams were defined and developed. Thus, all the interactions and relations between every process in the organization are crystal clear in these documents.
The work cycle is designed to continuously modify and improve the quality management system. All the performance and efficiency Indicators, the monitoring and measuring of processes as well as the authorities in every process is fully determined.
In specified periods, all the information including, the efficiency and performance Indicators are to be analyzed. The authorities monitor and measure each process and use the results as the main inputs of the corrective action processes, preventive actions, and continuous improvement.
The analysis records of each process are compiled as a comprehensive report and are sent to the CEO to be rechecked and remeasured in an extended range such as the overall effectiveness of the organization. Such actions take place to achieve the organization’s policies and objectives. Accordingly, the management review process can also be performed by these monitoring processes.
PEDKA Quality Manual References
To form and develop the PEDKA quality manual, the following standards have been used:
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 9004:2010
- ISO 9000:2005
Terms and definitions in PEDKA quality manual
System concepts in the PEDKA quality manual have also been designed and formed based on ISO9000:2005 standard.
PEDKA Quality Manual Management System
The general requirements of the quality management system are manifested in a way that PEDKA Company (Pooladin Dezh Kaveh) designs, forms, and develops its quality management system based on ISO9001:2008 standard. It should be noted that the effectiveness of this system is constantly controlled according to the requirements of this standard. As a result, to achieve this goal, PEDKA acts upon the following items:
- The required processes of the quality management system and their application are specified throughout the company while the description of actions is expressed in the form of executive procedures and guidelines. Proceedings are also expressed in the form of executive procedures and guidelines.
- The sequence of the above-mentioned processes as well as their interactions with each other have been identified.
- The necessary criteria and methods have been set to control and ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the specified processes (as specified in Chapter 8, paragraph 8-2-3 of the manual).
- To support the proper implementation and monitoring of certain processes, the necessary resources have been determined and made available (according to Chapter 6 of the manual). Therefore, essential information is also made available (as per Chapter 5, paragraph 5-5-3 of the manual). All required resources and necessary information are mentioned in the organization’s executive procedures and guidelines to support the implementation and monitoring of processes. The managing director is responsible for providing and allocating such resources in coordination with managers.
- By using the criteria and methods specified in the PEDKA quality manual all the specified processes are monitored, measured, and analyzed (Chapter 8, paragraph 8, 2-3, and paragraph 4-8).
- All necessary measures to achieve the best results are planned. As a result, such processes are constantly improved by using quality policy, quality goals, audit reports, data analysis, corrective and preventive actions, and management reviews.
All processes are managed under the requirements of the mentioned standards. Therefore, to provide a vast awareness about the standards, all measures are instructed to the authorities at different levels of the organization. In case, an effective process is assigned or outsourced, PEDKA Company controls all processes and, in the meantime, determines the control method within the framework of the quality management system. All of these methods are based on the type and sensitivity of the project as well as the fact that its performance exactly follows the purchasing executive method (PR12) and supplier evaluation guidelines (WI05).
Point: all quality management system processes mentioned in this text include the customer-oriented, managerial, and support-oriented processes.
All the documentation of the quality management system of the PEDKA Organization include the following items:
- Quality policy
- Quality goals
- The quality manual, which is one of the high-level documentations, describes the overall processes of the system within the framework of the quality management system.
- The documented executive procedure is listed in ISO9001:2008 standard.
- Other executive procedures required by the organization are compatible with the requirements of the ISO9001:2008 standard.
- All of these methods have been developed to ensure proper execution and control of processes. Such methods describe the execution of processes at each stage by mentioning the authority, timing, and details of the task.
- The essential guidelines for quality management system by which the very performance of the processes is described step by step.
- Charts, drawings, standards, forms, records, and other technical documents required by the organization